|Refrigerated centrifuge||Plasma extractor||Balance|
- Blood bags should be placed in the centrifuge bucket with the label facing out. This reduces the centrifugal force on the sealed margins of the bag.
- The unit of whole blood should be centrifugated at 5000 g during 10 minutes.
- Once centrifugation has ceased, allow the centrifuge to stop without assistance to avoid disturbing the red cell/plasma separation, which would contaminate the plasma with red cells.
- Remove the unit of blood from centrifuge without agitation so as not to disturb red cells and plasma. Then place the blood unit on a plasma extractor in order to express the plasma into the satellite bag.
- Clamp off the line of the bag containing the harvested plasma. Then break the seal from additive and let it flow into the red cells. Seal the bag containing the red cells and additive and remove it from the plasma bag.
- Gently mix the red cells.
- The final products should be labeled with the product name and volume.